Monday, May 17, 2010

Hitting the Weight Loss Plateau

Plateau - "A relatively stable level, period or condition"  


WOW!  That definition of plateau sure sounds like what has happened to me on Jorge's BFC.  Oh wait, I think that couple of times taking out the dog at 2:30 am and coming in absolutely famished and sneaking some Oreos, and that night I said, "the heck with pita pizza being the ONLY pizza I'm eating tonight, might have the slightest bit to do with the fact that I haven't lost any more weight.   I also haven't been counting the six allowed servings of carbs very well.  I've also had too much Zevia (my favorite soft drink and a recommendation by Jorge Cruise) which contains about one of the carb servings.

I've been really successful on this Belly Fat Cure being down 36 or 37 pounds (depending on the day).  You may want to check out another blog I was told about yesterday: "Me and Jorge" which is a well laid out, neat, and well written blog on one person's experience on the eating plan and the incredible amount of weight she's lost. I gotta take a few lessons from her on how to do this blogging stuff!


Oh Geesh!  Now I've done it!!!!  I'm WRONG and I have to admit it to my oldest brother???? 
STEVE, I STAND CORRECTED!
You have to understand about my family.  It's been a running joke since we were kids between my older two brothers and our parents that our mom has always had the last word on a topic because because she "read an article..." (After 40+ years we have yet to actually SEE any of those articles).   WELL, now my older brother did the same thing to me.  By-the-way, when I say older brother, I mean it.  He's around retirement age.  I'm eight long years behind him.  Anyway, I digress;  I told him that it bothered me that Jorge is recommending coconut oil as one of his new favorites.  So he sent me some 'articles' that he read on some Web sites which backed up his claim. BUT, it was funny that those sites were all ones who were selling or referring people to other sites which were selling the coconut oil.  I went out to sites like the American Heart Association, Mayo Clinic, and others which said Coconut oil is a BIG NO-NO!!! I sent those to my bro' and asked which he would rather believe.  So, what pops up on my screen from cnn.com but some information about how coconut oil is not as bad as once thought.
Get a load of this:

Myth 3: All saturated fats raise blood cholesterol.
Truth: New research shows that some saturated fats don't.

Good news: Saturated fat may be better than once thought.
Eating foods like coconut and chocolate that contain stearic acid, an HDL-cholesterol booster that may eventually be called the "good" saturated fat, is healthier than once thought.
So, Melissa (one of my blog followers), I guess your friend was right and you didn't waste your money after all!

Why Does Jorge Cruise Recommend Red Wine Instead of White Wine?

Could it be that White Wine can lead to increased risk of staining teeth?
For a long time it's been said that red wine is good for the heart when used sensibly.   But if you click on the CNN link above, oh, OK...to save you from scrolling up...click here, you'll see that white wine also accords a lot of the same benefits.

BUT, perhaps Jorge knows something else.  White wine may lead to an increased risk of dark dental stains if you also drink tea.  CNN has been an incredible wealth of knowledge for me today! I'm really not making this stuff up, but researchers used COW TEETH for this test. YES, you read it correctly: COW teeth. I mean you gotta laugh on that one!  The researchers submerged the teeth in white and red wines for an hour.  Then they submerged them in black tea for an hour. The teeth not only got drunk, but the ones in white wine left the teeth more susceptible to being stained due the higher acidity of the white wine.  Ya know they could have collected all those baby teeth from the tooth fairy and done the test using HUMAN teeth....

From   * * *  THE VJJE RECIPE WEEKLY  * * * email I get each week (with my comments in italics)

UPCOMING FOOD HOLIDAYS:

          May is: National Asparagus Month (OK for Belly Fat Cure)
                  National Barbecue Month (Use Scotts or Nature's Hollow sugar free BBQ sauce)
                  National Chocolate Custard Month (FORGET IT!!)
                  National Egg Month (go right ahead!)
                  National Hamburger Month (go for it, only with whole grain bread!)
                  National Salad Month (BORING!)
                  National Salsa Month (tomatoes have a LOT of sugar, folks!)
                  National Strawberry Month (uh-uh!!)

You may splurge on any of the below as long as you don't tell anyone that ** I ** told you!

            May 16 - National Coquilles St. Jacques Day
            May 17 - National Cherry Cobbler Day
            May 18 - National Cheese Souffle Day
            May 19 - National Devil's Food Cake Day
            May 20 - National Quiche Lorraine Day
            May 21 - National Strawberries & Cream Day
            May 22 - National Vanilla Pudding Day
            May 23 - National Taffy Day

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Ha! You should track my S/C Tracker to keep track of the S/C Values. I made it for myself and began to share it with a few ppl who took the Belly Fat Cure class with me. Eventually I just made it available for download from my blog: http://www.meandjorge.com/2010/02/sc-tracker-download.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The standard state of ketosis LunaTrim has been seen to raise weight lessening and to give men and women the assistance they need to develop a predominant figure. http://tryvexansupplement.blogspot.in/2018/04/LunaTrim.html

    ReplyDelete