Sunday, March 28, 2010

Let's Start With Some Humor!

How to know when it's time to diet: 

  • You dance and it makes the band skip.
  • You are diagnosed with the flesh-eating virus, and the doctor gives you 22 more years to live.
  • You put mayonnaise on an aspirin.
  • You go to the zoo and the elephants throw you peanuts.
  • Your driver's license says, "Picture continued on other side."
  • You ran away and they had to use all four sides of the milk carton for your picture.
  • You learn you were born with a silver shovel in your mouth.
  • You could sell shade.
  • Your blood type is Ragu.
As long as I can remember, my parents and brothers and I always had a problem with weight.  My mom had her thyroid taken out back when I was kid, or maybe it was before I was even born. No matter, or, it didn't matter.  I can't blame MY excess weight on the thyroid.    Plain and Simple, I like to eat. My brothers like to eat and my mom likes to eat (my dad is the ONLY one in the family who never seems to have been bothered by the desire to eat and eat).

My mom hates to exercise, my brothers hate to exercise, and I hate to exercise.  What a revelation! Maybe THAT'S why we have a weight problem.    OK, I've probably taken a good 10 years off my life span, but at least I don't smoke or drink.  And I am VERY thankful that my 3 teenage kids have never had a problem with their weight.  They are all so slim and trim!

My  job here is to start a new blog...one of thousands and thousands of dieting, cooking, yada yada yada that are out on the 'Net.  Hope you get something out of it.

4 comments:

  1. Lol... this was too funny. 'Your driver's license says, "Picture continued on other side'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave,

    As your older brother, I am proud of you. Great blog and great weight loss. Do you mind if I send your blog to Jorge?

    Big brother
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, feel free to send to Jorge.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dave; It's Marie from Ontario, Canada again. I love your blog. It's really fun and it's good. I love the humour and I will be submitting some "pudgey" jokes to you at some time or another. The one thing I might mention, and you likely know this, is that the sugar and carb's allowed should be divided into 3 meals a day rather than perhaps someone eating all their 15 sugar grams at once, for instance. I know that to make it successful in keeping your "blood sugar count" down, it should be divided up to keep from "spiking." You probably already knew that but thought I should mention it. Loving your blog and will keep in touch. Cheers, Marie.

    ReplyDelete