Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weight Watchers-My First Diet

I do want to say that as of today I have lost well over 100 pounds.  Of course that's over the course of about 15 years and doesn't take into account that I put on more than the 100 pounds that I took off over the course of those diets.

Probably the first diet I ever went on was the Weight Watchers diet.  I still have most of the Weight Watchers Books that I paid so dearly for!  That was the BEST diet. Of course I had never been on another diet so it WAS the best diet I had ever been on.  I had my note cards and kept track of all the points. I got REALLY tired of counting points. After losing about 25-30 pounds I finally gave up and went back on my regular diet of high fat and high sugar foods.

Now  don't get me wrong,  I know several people who have lost lots of weight and have kept it off over the years. So I don't knock it. It just wasn't right me for ME.  Their web site is a treasure trove of information on costs, what the diet is, a description of how you can go to meetings (and compare with others on how much time you've spent counting points), how much the diet will set you back, a few recipes and links for information on the endless cookbooks they have.

There are several diets which most doctors will highly recommend.  Weight Watchers is one of them!

One of those DUH! studies:
Weight Watchers vs. Fitness Centers

 In the first study of its kind, using sophisticated methods to measure body composition, the nationally known commercial weight loss program, Weight Watchers, was compared to gym membership programs to find out which method wins in the game of good health.   The answer is that both have pros and cons and that a combination of the two produces the best results.

 I guess that lets me out.  I don't do Weight Watchers and I don't do fitness centers.  DURN it all.....

No comments:

Post a Comment