Friday, April 23, 2010

Exercise and Health - BORING!

I had absolutely no idea how difficult it would be to keep coming up with posts that would keep y'alls attention (I say y'all, but actually I grew up in New York...but living down in Virginia for so long...well I had to pick up something!).

So today, I thought I would devote a boring post to some exercise and health information stuff.  So ladies, what's one of the important things to you in your appearance to the guys?  How about a cute, well defined butt?  Well, I happened to get an email from WebMD today with an article called:

The Butt Workout: Exercises to Sculpt a Better Backside

 


1. Squats. WebMD says that this is "one of the best exercises you can do for your butt, hips, and thighs."  Now I'm not sure this guy to the left really wants to sculpt his butt to impress the guys, but I thought the picture would fit well here.

So to do this you need to "stand with feet parallel and shoulder-width apart. Slowly lower your hips, making sure not to let your knees go out past your toes."  There's lot of variations. Use your imagination!

2. Lunges. Not meaning take the plunge.  In this one keep your feet parallel and hip-distance apart. Take a giant step either forward or backward. Michele Olson, who's a PhD, CSCS, and exercise physiologist says to then "slowly lower your body, bending both knees. Bend your knees no farther than 90 degrees, keeping your front knee aligned over your front ankle. Step together and repeat." (kind of like shampoo---shampoo, rinse, repeat, shampoo, rinse, repeat.....).    She says that beginners should stay in the lunge and just lower and lift by bending the knee....   Look over there to the right so see what lunges did for Jessica Simpson (I think that's who this is!)--------------------------->

Sorry, folks, that was WAY boring for me...on to something else..
How about exercise????  I really don't exercise that much, but one of the people I really trust for advice on exercise equipment is someone from epinions.com.  Her screen name there is jo.com.  One of the pieces of exercise equipment she's written a great review on is the Body by Jake Cardio Cruiser.  I was going to give you the web site for Jake Cruise but it's really annoying because when you get to it you have to and hear Jake and quite honestly, he's REALLY annoying to listen to.

1 comment:

  1. It could not be viewed or listened to or touched however the bond in between Mother and also Youngster is the greatest factor recognized to humanity. How to Bond With Your Baby?

    ReplyDelete