Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Brownie Recipe and other Food Stuff

OK, I found this recipe out on the web and I'd rather not tell you WHERE because I don't want the person who posted this to get upset at me, but here goes:

Best Brownie Recipe?
Ingredients:
½ Cup melted butter or vegetable oil
¾ Cup xylitol or more to taste
1 Tsp vanilla
2 eggs
½ Cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/3 Cup cocoa
¼ Tsp baking powder
¼ Tsp salt
½ Cup chopped walnuts
Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Stir oil or melted butter, xylitol and vanilla together in a large bowl. Add eggs, beat until well blended using a spoon. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture. Add nuts if desired. Spread into a greased 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until brownie pulls away from the edge of the pan. Cool in pan and frost with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Makes 16 brownies.

  <-------------Here's the result!!!!


Here's where they ended up----------->


I was going to post the recipe for the creme cheese frosting that should go on top of them, but based on how the brownies turned out, I won't be making the frosting or posting the recipe. By the way, the above pictures are ones I took this morning with my own camera!

In one of my previous posts (last one, maybe?) I gave a suggestion on making a parfait with Fage 0% fat yogurt and Nature's Hollow jams.  Well!  Just your luck that I decided to make it this morning and take a picture of it before I ate it.   Now this was incredibly delicious!  Just to refresh your memory, here's what I did:  First I measured out  1/2 cup of the Fage Greek style yogurt. I stirred in about 2-3 tablespoons of erythritol to sweeten it up. One tablespoon of yogurt on the bottom of the glass.
One teaspoon of the Nature's Hollow apricot jam and I topped with a sprinkle of Uncle Sam cereal. From there I just layered it and alternated with yogurt, apricot and blueberry jams, and Uncle Sam cereal.  In total I used one heaping tablespoon of jam along with the 1/2 cup of yogurt.  I'd say there was less than 1/8 cup of Uncle Sam cereal used.  I had a cup of java and I was set until lunch.  Oh yeah, almost forgot!  I started with a Jay Robb vanilla protein drink mixed with 2 teaspoons of Benfiber, and a couple of tablespoons of Da Vinci sugar free banana syrup (OK, the syrup DOES have a bit of sucralose in it).  So there it is!  That was my breakfast and I'm proud of it!  Now, all those above pictures are REALLY my own pictures that I took of all this stuff this morning before work!!

Speaking of pictures that I took.....   I didn't take the one above.  Someone took it in the Bahamas and this is a shameless plug for a friend's blog about the Bahamas. She didn't take that photo either. No kidding though, this is the blog to get some cool info about the Bahamas and see some great pics that I also didn't take.  I don't get any, zip, nada, nothing in terms of royalties for that plug!



Oh man, I am the king of getting off track on a conversation.  Oh yeah...Lunch, if you care to know... and durn, I'll have to take a picture of it when I make it another time because I had to make it before a conference call started at work.
But I did have a tortilla pizza.  Sounds disgusting, huh?  Well, what I meant was that I used a La Tortilla Factory tortilla as a pizza crust.   So, one of these suckers has 12, yes TWELVE grams of fiber and only 18 carbs.. WOOHOO!  I used only 2 tablespoons of my favorite pizza sauce (RAGU Homestyle pizza sauce with no added sweeteners) and some mozzarella cheese.  We were out of turkey pepperoni, durn it!  These tortillas are really good.  But I also found another brand that is equally as good if you can't find these.   Look for Tumaro's brand.  They are also delicious! I bought the Multi Grain Low In Carbs Wrapp-Arounds.  They have only 18 grams of carbs for a HUGE wrap and it's got 12g of fiber.   And folks, can guess what I had to drink with lunch???? ZEVIA!!!! I absolutely love all this stuff!

Ya know, while I was looking for some food humor I somehow found a site that sells thousands and thousands of t-shirts, mugs, and just about anything personalized. Whatever link it was that I clicked on brought me to a bunch of food related t-shirts and mugs.  Now instead of spending time writing a new post for this blog, I spent about 2 hours looking to buy something for myself.  The site is called Cafe Express. Not only can you spend a couple of hours going through thousands of images, but you can actually start with a blank mug and design your own.  I opened Print Master, got some free stock images and designed a cool 15 ounce coffee mug.  Unless one of you readers wants to purchase it for me, I'll wait until next payday before I order it, then I can let you know if the place is on the level and how good the product is.  The total cost for the 15 ounce coffee mug (dishwasher safe) will be about $21 after shipping.

How do I do it?  Got off track again! Ah, the heck with it....I'm going to bed!  You gotta remember to remind me to tell you how I used the Nature's Hollow Maple BBQ sauce on chicken wings....

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the link Dave. Your blog is awesome, and Im making one of those parfaits for dinner. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete